photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

Mosaic Symposium: OU’s Social Justice Platform

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash

Dudes, this campus activity is my absolute favorite thing. The sad part is that, with budget cuts, this amazing platform for social justice and social change is at risk of being removed all together at the University of Oklahoma.

In this tenuous time college rape rates are on the increase, there are huge social divides, racism runs rampant, teachers aren’t paid enough and Oklahoma has the highest rate of incarceration in the country. We need this symposium now more than ever. This country is on a downward spiral and we need more people to come together to talk about it.

This year Mosaic is on November 3rd from 10am-2pm and yes, there will be food- possibly even a waffle bar. If anyone is interested in presenting, proposals are due by Oct. 7. The presentation is around 30-45 minutes and can be over any range of topics.

I presented last year over the racism in established drug laws in the United States. It is a great public speaking experience as well as an empowering experience to talk about something you’re passionate about and have people listen. Don’t you just love being in a room full of kind- hearted and like-minded people?

Morgan is a social work major with minors in social justice and Spanish at the University of Oklahoma. In her free time, Morgan enjoys reading, writing, getting tattoos, watching Netflix, fighting the patriarchy, and taking naps.
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!