Style > Beauty

Introducing Clean & Clear’s Newest Line: C&C

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Image via WWD

C&C by Clean & Clear is a new skin care line released this summer that is uncomplicated, smells great, and has simple products to target a variety of skin concerns.

There are eleven new products in the line that can be used together or by themselves for great results. These products include a chill out cooling mint pore cleanser, total zen calming lavender mousse cleanser, so wiped tropical face wipes, muscle bar charcoal cleansing bar, black out blackhead clearing coffee scrub, over zit spot patches, tough love acne clearing peppermint toner, done & done dual-sided cleansing pads, don’t flake gel moisturizer, mask one rubbery peel-off mask and no glow anti-shine stick.

A majority of these products are oil free, are not tested on animals and have nice scents. These products also have great, simple packaging and labeling that are modern, yet effective.

I got the opportunity to review some of their products after a representative reached out to me! I was so excited to try all of these products. These products are all currently available at Ulta or Amazon!

I received six of the products to try for my honest reviews.

1.    Tough Love Acne Clearing Peppermint Toner

The minute I opened the container, I could smell the peppermint and I loved it! The dispenser is unique in comparison to some of the other toners out there. I felt like my skin was clean after using the product and I could feel it tingling on my skin. This is an excellent product for a post-workout cleansing. The only downside of the product was that it was neon blue. I would have liked to see a clear toner. Peppermint is known for its awakening properties, which means this could impact a consumer using this product at night.

Image by Meagan Loyd

2.    So Wiped: tropical facial wipes

The minute I opened the package I could smell the tropical, coconut smell that reminded me of a Pina Colada. Delicious! I used the wipe to take off my makeup before I washed my face. I enjoyed using the wipe and the scent remained on my skin after I used the wipe. The wipe did a pretty good job of removing my makeup.

Image by Meagan Loyd 

3.    Mask One: rubbery peel-off mask

This mask was so cute to unbox. The open flap revealed a cute message of “once upon a peel” which was a nice surprise. This peel off mask is thin and bright pink! The mask is designed to remove dirt and oil, peeling away to unclog pores and reveals a clean complexion. I thought this mask did a great job of unclogging pores with a cute, pink color. There really wasn’t a scent to this product, which wasn’t a huge deal.

Image by Meagan Loyd

4.    Blackout Blackhead Clearing Coffee Scrub

The minute I opened this product, I got to smell coffee, which is my favorite thing! I LOVED this scrub. I felt more awake after using it and felt that it was an effective scrub without being overly exfoliating or powerful. I also used this as an overall body scrub, which was a really nice touch. The product has salicylic acid medication in it, which targets acne.

Image by Meagan Loyd ​

5.   Don’t flake: gel moisturizer

This moisturizer absorbs quickly and stops dryness before it even starts. It’s effective in keeping skin moisturized without being too creamy or creating tons of oil. It’s soft and smooth on your skin. This moisturizer is oil free. There isn’t really a scent for this product. It comes in a small tub, which is the only downside to the product. When you’re continuing to reach into the tub, you’re adding oils from your skin or other bacteria to the moisturizer. Be sure to wash your hands before and after you use.

Image by Meagan Loyd

6.    No Glow Anti-Shine Stick

This product is a lifesaver in a humid place like Oklahoma. This stick controls shine and blurs the appearance of pores for up to twelve hours with this oil-absorbing shine control face stick. It’s the perfect travel size product for on the go to help correct your skin anytime, anywhere. I really liked this product. Perfect under makeup and helps mattify my skin. It’s a great makeup primer that made my makeup look last longer.

Image by Meagan Loyd​

Meagan Loyd is a senior at the University of Oklahoma studying Professional Writing at Gaylord College of Journalism. She loves Target, Starbucks, quarter-zip sweatshirts, Chicago Cubs Baseball, Sooner Football, and all of the books!
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!