This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Image via Sooner Sports

As football season rolls in it is important that you know all the ins-and-outs to ensure that you have the best game day experience ever!

1. Make sure that you claim your ticket by Wednesday of that week and have it ready for when you walk through the gate! If you’re a person who runs their phone battery low you may want to consider bringing a portable charger so you have access to your mobile ticket, or print it out!

2. DON’T FORGET YOUR STUDENT ID! This is your all access pass to the student section and you don’t want to forget it!

3. Invest in a clear bag if you want to bring game day essentials like sunscreen and sunglasses, which are vital during Oklahoma summers.

4. Hydrate the day before!!! Don’t think the heat won’t get to you because standing and screaming in the blazing sun for hours will definitely get the best of you!

5. Get to the stadium (atleast) an hour early to get the best seats possible!!!

6. Avoid Campus Corner the day of game days and opt to eat on campus in order to avoid traffic and long waits to be seated.

7. Invest in cowboy boots! They are a total game day necessity!!! (But make sure to break them in before the day of the game.)

8. Lastly, have fun and BOOMER SOONER!!

Melissa is currently a Junior at the University of Oklahoma where she is pursuing her degree in criminology. Aside from writing for HerCampus, Melissa is involved in greek-life as a member of Alpha Gamma Delta, the honor society of Alpha Lambda Delta, and her university's criminology club. A Jersey native, she enjoys spending her weekends in the city or at the beach with friends, as well as shopping and listening to music.
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!