This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Image via Styled Avenue

1.    Western Booties

Alongside buckle belts and fringe jackets, an homage to the old west is sure to continue from festival season into fall this year. Western-inspired booties are a great way to add a little flair to an outfit without being overly country. (But, if that’s your vibe, rock it girl)

Image via Nordstrom

2.    Slingback Heels

The retro vibe of this classic shoe adds a level of polish and extra interest to any outfit. They can be dressed up or down and are the perfect revamp of the 50s style. Be on the lookout for this shoe jewel tones because they’re sure to be a hit this season.

Image via Anthropologie ​

3.    Animal Prints

Animal prints have made the list of top trends for the past few seasons and I think it’s here to stay. Cheetah print is always a wearable option, in fashion sneakers or booties. But, if you’re feeling a little more on the wild side, go for a snakeskin option or a funky split shoe shown here.

Image via Pinterest

4.    Lace-Up Booties

The high rise booties of seasons past are getting an upgrade this year with the addition of laces up the front. The chic element adds texture and a funky retro vibe to any look. Major Rosie the Riveter energy. 

Image via Nordstrom​

5.    Square Toes

In any form, from booties to ballet flats, a square toe gives a balance of interesting geometric contrast to the usual shoe and is sure to vamp up a plain t shirt and jeans. Perfect for farmers market runs and business meetings, the square toe is a worthy addition to your fall wardrobe. 

Image via Everlane​

Grace Shoop

Oklahoma '23

I'm from Lubbock, Texas and studying journalism now. I've loved writing for as long as I can remember and think it's such a special way to make connections and help people feel seen and heard. My insta is @graceeshoop!
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!