This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Photo by freestocks.org on Unsplash

With Valentine’s Day coming up, so are dates/girls night outs. Here are some great ideas to do this V-Day on this campus.

1.     Dorm Dinner

Two college things put together. Delivery of Fast Food & Movies. Download DoorDash and order from your favorite restaurants near you with free delivery on the first order.

2.     RomCom Marathon

Cuddle up in some pajamas and put on some Netflix. Netflix romantic comedies that will make you laugh, cry and think on your dating life. Some great movies now that are popular are “Definitely, Maybe,” “She’s Out of my League,” and “Bachelorette.”

3.     After-Big-Feast Workout

After that huge delivery of food, get a workout buddy and start on that summer body/new year resolution. Or order more food because you are perfect the way you are.

4.     Spa Night

Grab some girls or guys and relax with some facemasks, lip masks and nail polish. Also, put some music on and have a karaoke night.

Image via Pinterest

5.     Indoor Picnic

Put down a blanket with some sandwiches and sodas with this cold weather and relax with the heater on. Picnic for 1, 2 or 3+, everyone will enjoy that relaxing time away from homework for an hour.

6.     Canvas Painting

Feeling that artsy vibe? Express those feelings and paint it out! With a date, it could lead to those paint wars you only see on TV. Or single, your room will begin to be colorful and happy.

7.     Game Night

Get some people together and play on! Those silly games like, What Do You Meme? and Cards Against Humanity, will get laughter going and you won’t remember what V-Day is about.

8.     Strike Date

Want some turkey? Go bowling! Show that competitive spirit by kicking some butt with 10 pins and an 8 lb. bowling ball.

Image via Pinterest

9.     Sooner Softball!

Support your own Sooner Softball on V-Day in a tournament in Florida. They have games at 3pm vs University of Kentucky and 6pm vs Notre Dame. Boomer!

10.  Typical Valentine’s Day

Classic isn’t boring. Getting dressed up and going to a restaurant for dinner is the typical Valentine’s Day date, but that’s part of an American girl’s dream life. Nothing too fancy but will get the job done.

Laura Minyon

Oklahoma '22

Laura Minyon is a junior at the University of Oklahoma and is majoring in Special Education (K-12) with a HQ of Elementary. Laura enjoys DIYs, movies, and hanging with friends when she isn’t writing! Lauras serves as one of the Campus Correspondents at OU!