“A Christmas Prince: The Royal Wedding” Movie Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Photo by freestocks.org on Unsplash

It’s that time of year for sappy love, Christmas movies.  You know… the ones we all call “Hallmark movies.” Well if you’re looking for a new one, you’re in luck because I have it right here.  “A Christmas Prince: The Royal Wedding”, starring Rose McIver as Amber and Ben Lamb as King Richard is a Netflix original released this past week!  The popularity of this movie is skyrocketing, and I can see why. The plot behind the movie is that Amber and King Richard have gotten engaged and now, a year later, are planning the wedding, buutttt it isn’t quite what Queen-To-Be Amber had in mind for her own wedding.  Through the movie we see the struggles between Amber and the things that come along with a royal wedding, missing her mom, and maybe even a little bit of struggle in the royal relationship too!

This is a great movie and I couldn’t stop watching it!  Honestly it just popped up on my “Watch Next” section of Netflix, and I am so glad I clicked on it.  Honestly, I didn’t even know there was a first movie to the series. But, this one was so good that I had to go watch the first!  (Also go watch that one. It was really good too. It’s about how they became a relationship).

Image via Hollywood Reporter

While it is clique in parts, it truly is a great movie.  It encompasses everything you would hope for in a Christmas movie: love, humor, mystery, and even a little bit of tension.  I would give this movie 4.5/5 stars. Rose McIver and Ben Lamb are fasniating in the film, and honestly made me believe that they were actually together. Wonderful acting. Beautiful set and costume design.  And a great storyline.

This is a must watch Christmas movie before the holiday arrives!  Who knows maybe you will find your Christmas price soon after watching it.  

Mac Crone

Oklahoma '20

Mac is a sophomore at OU, from Florida, studying management information systems, pre law, with a minor in politcal science.  She is involved in sports and politics, with the plans to continue both after college.  She is passionate about writing and hopes to influence others in some way through it.  
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!