Breakfast Foods For Breakfast Haters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Image via Pixabay

If you’re like me, and hate breakfast, you probably skip the most important meal of the day. One thing I am challenging myself with is eating breakfast more regularly to develop good habits and get my metabolism going!! Here are some of the yummiest, but not always healthiest, meals for breakfast that I have found on pinterest!

1. Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

This sugary dish may be time consuming but is soooo worth it in the end!! Essentially you begin with a regular pancake batter, drizzle a swirl of the cinnamon concoction, and top it off with an icing glaze and you’re good to go! This is my favorite breakfast food it totally hits the spot for those with a sweet tooth like me! This recipe can be found at Recipe Girl.

Image via Recipe Girl

2. Waffles with Fruit Reduction Sauce

A much healthier and less sugary option: fruit. However, by sparing a few extra minutes and preparing your fruit into a to-die-for sauce, it can totally renovate a classic breakfast dish! There are so many alternatives to this, but one great recipe can be found at Cook with Manali.

Image via Cook with Manali

3. Berry Croissant Bake

This next dish is on my recipe bucketlist and combines my two favorite breakfast foods: fruit and pastries!! This recipe is so simply and basically only requires you to throw the ingrediants in a pan, pour a cream cheese mixture over everything, and then bake! Simple as that! This recipe is from ​Happy Go Lucky Blog.

Image via The Sunny Side Lifestyle Co.

4. Blueberry Muffins

This next breakfast idea requires some preparation, but is an essential for a girl on the go. A blueberry muffin is always my go to when I am grabbing breakfast at starbucks, but this simply recipe will not only save you money, but also a trip to starbucks! Recipe here.

Image via Smitten Kitchen

5. Yogurt Parfait

If you don’t have time to meal prep, but still want a quick and easy breakfast than the yogurt parfait is your go-to! Simply grab yogurt, granola, fruit, and toppings such as coconut flakes or honey and layer all your ingrediants and you’re good to go! To take this on the road be sure to use a mason jar instead!

Image via The Lemon Bowl

6. Classic Oatmeal

If you’re a broke college kid and don’t have the time, money, or energy to make breakfast, then oatmeal is the way to go. My favorite is Quaker’s cinnamon apple and this is so great because all you need to add is hot water, which can easily be done by a Keurig. They also make oatmeal cups, as pictured below, which are perfect for college and eliminate dishes!

Image via Quaker Oats

Melissa is currently a Junior at the University of Oklahoma where she is pursuing her degree in criminology. Aside from writing for HerCampus, Melissa is involved in greek-life as a member of Alpha Gamma Delta, the honor society of Alpha Lambda Delta, and her university's criminology club. A Jersey native, she enjoys spending her weekends in the city or at the beach with friends, as well as shopping and listening to music.
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!