This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Photo by Markus Spiske on Unsplash

While many people go to the concerts of their favorite bands, a lot never go to general admission concerts. Below are five reasons that you should go to general admission concerts.

1. Typically, concerts with general admission are usually for smaller bands, so they are cheaper. This means that you can go to more concerts for the same amount of money.

2. Going off of point one, these smaller bands give you a better chance of meeting them. Even if they don’t come out after the show, paying for VIP tickets is about the same price (or cheaper) than many regular tickets to other concerts.

3. The energy in the pit is much different than in the seats at a concert. Being in such close proximity to a bunch of other people that are having as much fun as you builds up, making the concert greater than you could have expected.

4. In these smaller shows, you can get much closer to the stage. This makes it feel like you are more in sync with the band, and it gives it a more intimate feeling. You can also move around within the pit, giving yourself different views of the stage.

5. Finally, you are able to meet more people with similar interests. While sitting in the seats of a concert, you tend to just talk to the people you came with; however, while you are crammed together with people in general admission, you are much more likely to talk to the people around you, which frequently results in making new friends.

If you are able to attend concerts and find some bands that have general admissions, you should definitely try to go to them. They are very fun, and they occur more frequently, giving you more concerts to go to, allowing you little mood pickups during the year.

Biomedical engineering sophomore at University of Oklahoma. Hoping to change the world through small interactions and opinionated writing.
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!