This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Photo by Vicko Mozara on Unsplash

With summer approaching fast it’s time to start making plans. While summer isn’t always about going to the beach or exotic locations it doesn’t mean you have to be stuck on your couch 24/7. One of the easiest ways to have a lowkey but still fun summer day is simply having your friends over. Here’s all the inspiration you need to be entertainer of the summer and host all your bestie gals at your place!

Bonfire

My summer go to is having a bonfire. It is so simple and both guys and girls can enjoy it! One of my go-to bonfire essentials are hay bales. Hay bales are an easy way to spice things up and give it the vibe you’re going for. Food is also super important for making your guests happy! For bonfires I usually just order a pizza and garlic knots or chicken fingers. S’mores are also an essential for bonfires, so make sure you have all the mixings. Lastly, grab some blankets and put on some good tunes and you’re set to have a bomb bonfire!

Photo by Mike Erskine on Unsplash

BBQ

Another great way to entertain your friends is by having a BBQ on a nice day. It’s a great way to get both guys and girls together and bring everyone outside to enjoy the beautiful summer weather. All you need is a grill, some hotdogs, burgers and chicken! Some of my favorite BBQ snacks are corn on the cob, pasta salad and fruit! Add some music and you’re good to go.

Photo by Johanna Dahlberg on Unsplash

Pool Party

Last but not least, a pool party. Pool parties are seriously great because everyone is bound to have a great time and you can do it from day to night! Pool parties are also so simple because all you need are your friends and some simple snacks like chips and salsa or fruit salad and a great summer playlist!

You can even get fancy and make a strawberry lemonade or a fun drink for your friends! To make your party unforgettable you can decorate the area with string lights and fill the pool with awesome floats and light up beach balls. With or without decorations this is great because you can have fun whether you’re tanning, swimming or playing pool games.

Photo by Tom Grimbert (@tomgrimbert) on Unsplash

Follow these suggestions and you’ll be ready to kickstart your summer!

Melissa is currently a Junior at the University of Oklahoma where she is pursuing her degree in criminology. Aside from writing for HerCampus, Melissa is involved in greek-life as a member of Alpha Gamma Delta, the honor society of Alpha Lambda Delta, and her university's criminology club. A Jersey native, she enjoys spending her weekends in the city or at the beach with friends, as well as shopping and listening to music.
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!