3 Easy Recipes to Make in Under 20 Minutes!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Photo by Kevin McCutcheon on Unsplash

Amidst the business of school and the stress that comes with midterm season, having the time and motivation to cook meals becomes a hassle. Here are three easy recipes to make in a hurry!

Pasta

Pasta is a super easy meal to make, but tortellini specifically cooks faster than the normal pasta. In the time it takes to boil the water and cook the pasta, it only takes around 15 minutes. After it’s done, putting butter on it will finish it off, and it’ll be good to go! Cooking the whole bag of tortellini also makes for leftovers for a couple of days afterwards, saving you even more time.

Image via Pinterest

Burritos 

Burritos are super quick and easy to make, but they will also undoubtedly keep you full and nourished. Being a super picky eater, I only include beans, rice, onions and hot sauce on my burrito, but adding veggies can be super delicious too. In any grocery store, there are rice packs that should be able to be cooked in the microwave, for a total of only one minute. Beans can also be cooked in the microwave, taking around only 3-5 minutes. With both beans and rice cooked, the only step left is adding desired toppings and sauces! This is a super easy meal to make that will definitely keep you full throughout the day. 

Image via Pinterest

Grilled Cheese 

Grilled cheese is a perfect meal to have on the go or in a hurry. To make this even more nutritious and delicious, adding a slice of deli meat or some veggies will turn your average grilled cheese intro a nutritious, effortless meal!

Image via Pinterest

Mel Patterson

Oklahoma '22

Born and raised in California, I am currently a freshman here at OU studying public relations. If I could describe myself in three words they would be smiley, bubbly, and imaginative.
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!