14 Romantic Movies You Need to Watch This Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Photo by Amy Shamblen on Unsplash

Grab some chocolate and your laptop and start to binge watch these romance movies on Netflix. Don’t forget the tissues.

1)    When We First Met

Missing Pitch Perfect actor, Adam DeVine? Well watch him time travel to get his best friend to fall in love with him, but is his best friend “the one?”

2)    Sierra Burgess is a Loser

Falling in love with someone who thinks you look like someone else? Well here is a movie about a football player who thinks he is talking to the head cheerleader, but really the voice is the band nerd.

3)    To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before

This movie blew up and made every girl cry in 2018. Jump back in and watch with those tissues to see how Lara Jean reacts when her letters are mailed to her past crushes.

Image via Imbd

4)    The Kissing Booth

A carnival game to win over your best friend’s brother might or might not go as planned. Best friends, Elle and Lee, take on high school, but Lee doesn’t know that Elle has a secret crush on his older brother and football star, Noah.

5)    How to Get Over a Breakup

A copywriter starts blogging over her recent break up. She talks about the highs and lows of living as a single woman.

6)    Bachelorette

Friends travel to Las Vegas to celebrate their friend’s bachelorette party, but would you believe if they killed a man? Just see how this movie goes from romance to thriller to comedy.

7)    The Break-Up

Meeting through a hot dog at a baseball game, this couple falls in love and moves in together, but end up breaking up. How will they react as they live their own single lives in the same apartment?

Image via Imbd

8)    Silver Linings Playbook

Throwback to the 2012 movie with the romance between Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence. Bradley Cooper plays Pat, a man who is trying to reunite with his ex-wife and kids with the help of Tiffany, Jennifer Lawrence.

9)    Mamma Mia!

A CLASSIC! Do I have to explain how amazing this mother and daughter combination is when the daughter is trying to find her real dad, but there are 3 men who he could be?

10)  She’s Out of My League

This TSA worker finds a girl’s phone and meets up with her to give it back but ends up realizing how she is too perfect. Will the couple of a nerdy, want-to-be pilot guy and the hot, rich, successful woman work out?

11)  Sixteen Candles

Samantha, on her 16th birthday, is obsessed with the senior, Jake, but the geekiest guy in school has a crush on her. 1984 gave us the original teen heartthrob.

Image via Amazon

12)  Beauty and the Beast

The realistic remake of Beauty and the Beast became a Disney masterpiece. For all those Disney lovers, Netflix can maintain all those needs.

13)  Alex Strangelove

The class president with the brains, the beauty and the perfect girlfriend feels like something is wrong when he meets a guy at a party. Will he discover his sexuality before prom?

14)  Set It Up

Two overworked assistants that are really in need of vacation plan to set up their bosses. Can they get a vacation, will their bosses fall in love or will they?

Laura Minyon

Oklahoma '22

Laura Minyon is a junior at the University of Oklahoma and is majoring in Special Education (K-12) with a HQ of Elementary. Laura enjoys DIYs, movies, and hanging with friends when she isn’t writing! Lauras serves as one of the Campus Correspondents at OU!
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!