mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Biggest Movies Coming Out of 2019

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Photo by Denise Jans on Unsplash

2019 is predicted to have a movie for everyone! With these ten movies, you’ll find your new go to movie.

1.     Spider-Man: Far from Home

After the great production of Spider-Man: Homecoming in 2017, this movie will have to step it up to live up to Homecoming. Spider-Man travels to Europe just for a relaxing trip, but will he hide his powers and the city get destroyed? It will be released on July 5th.

2.     Hobbs and Shaw

The spinoff of Fast and Furious, Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham play Hobbs and Shaw to amend when they need to get together to take down the guy who might be badder than them. Go watch it in theatres on August 2, 2019.

3.     The Secret Life of Pets 2

Have you ever wondered what your pets did when you left for the day? Well if you didn’t watch the first one then you can watch the second one to answer it. The released date is set to be on June 7, 2019.

Image via IMDb

4.     Jumanji 3

This year must be all about “The Rock”, but who is complaining? The game isn’t over quite yet. It will be released on December 13, 2019.

5.     Captain Marvel

Women. Empowerment. Watch as Captain Marvel tries to uncover secrets from her past and end the war with Skrulls. It was released on March 8th, so go see it before it’s out of theatres.

6.     The Lion King

Isn’t Simba so cute in the cartoon movie? Now you can see the real Simba grow up to be King. You might’ve cried in the regular, so get ready for Disney to pull on those heartstrings of emotions. July 19th will make you feel like a child again.

7.     Toy Story 4

The ending of the third might have been the saddest moment of 2010, but the gang is back. Woody and Bo Peep reunite. A new toy, Forky, is introduced. Go see these toys remember their memories as toys on June 21st.

Image via Coming Soon

8.     Frozen 2

We all know that the “Let it go” song was stuck in our heads for so long, so let’s see what new songs the children will sing. Watch Elsa and Anna travel on an adventure away from Arendelle. Be prepared after November 22 for more Elsa memes.

9.     Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Episode IX)

The sequel trilogy focuses on the journey of the Force-sensitive orphan Rey, guided by Luke Skywalker. From a push back, the release date went from May 24th to December 20th.

10.  Avengers: Endgame

The one I feel like everyone is ready for. Watch as Tony Stark drifts in space while the rest, Thor, Black Widow, Captain America, and Bruce Banner, have an epic showdown with Thanos. Get ready for April 26th.

Image via Twitter

Calendar:

Captain Marvel: March 8th

Avengers: Endgame: April 26th

The Secret Life of Pets 2: June 7th

Toy Story 4: June 21st

Spider-Man: Far from Home: July 5th

The Lion King: July 19th

Hobbs and Shaw: August 2nd

Frozen 2: November 22nd

Jumanji 3: December 13th

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Episode IX): December 20th

Laura Minyon

Oklahoma '22

Laura Minyon is a junior at the University of Oklahoma and is majoring in Special Education (K-12) with a HQ of Elementary. Laura enjoys DIYs, movies, and hanging with friends when she isn’t writing! Lauras serves as one of the Campus Correspondents at OU!
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!