What can Oklahoma do for you on Spring Break?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

It’s kind of a bummer when you are staying in town for Spring Break. You have to see all your friends leaving for various white sandy beach destinations.  However, you don’t have to sit around bored for the next week.  There are plenty of things to do around Stillwater and the state of Oklahoma.

1. Visit Oklahoma City’s Bricktown and enjoy various cocktails, dining and shops. 
  2. Oklahoma City Zoo, enjoy the nice weather, grab some friends and enjoy the simplicity of the animals.
  3. Broaden your horizons by visiting a museum such as,  National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum, OKC Museum of Art or the 45th Infantry Division Museum.
  4. Get out of the house and enjoy a picnic and walk at Boomer Lake.  Sunshine makes everything better.
  5. Spring Break is the precursor to swimsuit season, get a jump start and use all this spare time to get in shape.  You’ll be able to double time your workouts, wear shorts and a tank top to work on your tan while you’re at it.
  6. Give back to the community.  No you’re not on vacation, but there are still those less fortunate than you.  Volunteer at the Mission of Hope shelter or if animals are more appealing visit the pet shelter for the day.
  7. Take a day trip or mini road trip.  Everywhere in Oklahoma is reachable in a few hours.  Robbers Cave State Park, the Great Lake of the Cherokees and Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge are a few destinations that are amongst Oklahoma’s most beautiful.
  8. Clean your closet and donate the clothes you don’t wear, and then take that first shopping trip to fill the newly created room.  Miranda Lambert’s Pink Pistol store is a must visit, but if not up for traveling shop around Stillwater. We have great boutiques here.
  9. Grab your girls for a cocktail and dinner date.  Learn to cook something new and kick off the season of refreshing fruity cocktails.
  10. Relax.  Tan, read a book, jumpstart on schools projects.  You’re only in college for so long and then it’s off to the real world where Spring Breaks don’t exist.
I am a senior at Oklahoma State University. My major is Multimedia Journalism with a minor in leadership. I aspire to be a news anchor or work for a fashion magazine, I am honestly open to any kind of journalism though. I am the Her Campus correspondent for OSU. I interned for News on 6 in Tulsa, Okla this summer and I loved every second of it. Basically, I am just a fun-loving girl who loves her friends and family. The only expectations I have for the future is to be happy.