This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Recently the second installment of Fantastic Beasts came to theaters. I went to see it the day it came out! The Crimes of Grindelwald was sure to be good because it was written by the infamous J.K Rowling. Some people say that the second in a series is never as strong as its predecessor. I would usually have to agree. However, this installment of Harry Potter didn’t follow the rules, which of course, made it awesome! We kept in touch with all of our old friends like Tina, Queenie, Jacob, and of course Newt. We are also introduced to some new people. This movie gives us a look into the mind of Grindelwald, a wizard known for his silver tongue and powerful wizarding skills. I was also super excited to see young Dumbledore and McGonagall. The movie follows the path of Newt and Grindelwald who are looking for Credence, an obscurial, who has managed to remain alive long after what is usual. Grindelwald has a dark plan for Credence that no one knows about. Dumbledore seems to know more than he should, like always. He enlists the help of Newt and his creatures to track down Credence and protect him. But nothing is ever that simple, is it?

I would say that the movie was a nine out of ten. There were very few problems I found. There are, however, a lot of theories and mysteries to ponder. My next paper will delve into the winding path of the author and see if I can figure out where she is headed.

Sarah Palmer

OK State '21

Hello! My name is Sarah Palmer. I wrote articles and posted to Her Campus Magazine during my Freshman year at OSU (2018-2019). I wrote about what interests me (who doesn't?): animals, my education, books, TV series, original fiction. Since Her Campus Magazine, I have graduated with my bachelor's in agricultural communications (2021). I'm now following my dreams of freelance writing/editing, working in a bookstore, and writing books I hope to publish. Check out my website if you want a more up-to-date look at what I'm up to! My social media links are also posted there. God Bless! https://twopst6.wixsite.com/sarahpalmerportfolio