This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Braids are super easy and can save so much time on any given occasion. Depending on where you are going, you can do it close and tight or loose with tendrils, but no matter what you choose, it’s guaranteed to be cute.

If you want something simple, you can always go for the Regular Three-Strand Braid, which is extremely easy to do and is always elegant.

For those days you are feeling a little more fancy, but it’s just a regular day, you can try out The Fishtail Braid.

It’s a little more detail and takes a bit more time, but It looks beautiful when done right.

For sports, you are going to want your hair pulled back and out of your way so you can get down to business.

This is where knowing how to do a French Braid comes in handy. You can also loosen this braid up to get a cute, messy look.

The Upside Down Braid is a moderately difficult braid to do, but it adds a bit of spunk to a regular ponytail or bun.

I highly recommend learning how to do The Milkmaid Braid to pull together almost any cute outfit. With a few tendrils falling down, it has the potential to look amazing!

A Dutch Braid is extremely similar to the French Braid, but backwards. If you wanna change things up from the regular braid, this is a good way to to do it.

There are many other braids out there that you can try out for fun and style.

There are always tutorials to watch and learn from on YouTube and Pinterest, so find some you like!