photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

Types of People You See When Moving Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

It is that time of year in Stillwater where the town gets a little crowdied because of parents, a lot of high-waisted shorts and boots because of Calfry, finals are approaching, and everyone is moving out of there temporary home they call a dorm. When it comes to moving out ther are many different way s of going about it, and different ways to attack the mess of a desk you ahve and how much storage you didnt even know existed. Her are the different types of people you see when moving out. 

1. The one who starts early

This person is the one who has been packing ever since we got back from Winter Break. She/He has been slowly taking thing back home so that when it comes time to actually move out there is not a much stuff for them to take. Everyone wants to be this person, but not everyone has the will power against procrastination to be this person. 

2. The procrastinator 

Finals week is here and they still have not even done last weeks laundry. This person most likely wont start until The day before they signed up to move out, but complain about how they have no time to pack and study. However, once they finish their finals and they need to get to buiness they will pack their room so fast and have eeverything ready to go when need be. 

3. The one who overpacked 

As they are packing they realize how much stuff they have and it seems to be never ending  for them. This person thought they would need everything from their roomback at home, but has now realized they do not.

4. The reminiscer

As this person packs they throw stuff away and try to decipher what is a need and a want, but it ends up as everything is needed. Even the failing homework from last semesters English class because you learned something from it and it gives you motivation when in reality you just dont know if you can part from it. Everyone thinks of this person as a hoarder, but they say they just want to have memories when they look back at the good old days. 

5. The all of the above

This person plans on doing things early but at the same time waits until the last minute to finish actual packing. This person also overpacked on the way to college and cant decide wheather to keep the old memories while also hanging on to the new ones or just reminesce on all the memeories they had. This person is someone who will miss their roommate(s) just a little bit more and want to keep in contact with them no matter what happens or how far they are.

No matter what kind of packer you are as long as it get done. Then you get to move back in after three months and hopefully you learn from experience to pack up early, dont overpack and you will let go of some memories.