This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

One of my favorite things to do when I have some down time is scroll through various podcasts on my Apple Podcasts app. I also always love taking recommendations for some new topics I should seek out. However, this can be time consuming considering everybody has a different taste and it definitely can take some major listening time to determine how you feel about a new discovery. In this article, I hope to expose you to some of my favorite podcasts and hopefully they can become some of your favorites as well.

1. Zane and Heath Unfiltered

I am a huge YouTube fan, especially when it comes to anything involving the “Vlog Squad.” If you don’t know what I’m talking about, the Vlog Squad is basically a huge group of previous Vine stars who have stumbled into the YouTube world and create content together. Zane and Heath are two of those members and they run this podcast along with Matt King and Heath’s girlfriend, Mariah Amato. I love this podcast because it is always so light-hearted and hilarious. It’s definitely my #1 podcast.

2. Deep Fried

Again, stepping into the YouTube realm, one of my favorite youtubers is Kalie Chebib. Kalie and her friend, Courtney Wheeler are two 24 year-olds who use Deep Fried to discuss their journey’s through adulthood. Whether that be their successes or struggles, these two women bring in honesty and humor to their episodes and they do an amazing job at making you feel like you aren’t alone in the world of being an adult.

3. Beach Too Sandy, Water Too Wet 

This podcast is a comedy podcast with hosts Alex and Christine Schiefer. They dramatically read one-star reviews they find anywhere online. If that short description doesn’t explain everything as to why you need to check them out, then I don’t know what does.

4. Ted Talks Daily 

Everyone has most likely watched a Ted Talk, but they have a podcast too! Listening to a talk on the podcast platform is so easy and allows you to learn about something you wouldn’t really seek out. Each of their episodes last about 10 to 20 minutes and the topics are endless.

Makenzie Massey

OK State '21

Hi! My name is Makenzie. I'm a junior at Oklahoma State and I'm majoring in strategic communications. Some passions of mine are cooking, traveling and expressing creativity!