Top 10 Shows to Watch on Netflix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Black Mirror

Where to start. Black Mirror is a Netflix Original and is one of the best shows I’ve seen in a while and I’ve watched a lot of shows. Black Mirror is real and crude but in the best way possible. It in each episode they include different story lines and actors. Doing that to a show actually makes it more tolerable to watch once a week instead of within one day. When you watch it maybe once a week, it gives you time to think about the incredibly impactful and relevant messages it has.

Breaking Bad

If you have not seen Breaking Bad, I highly suggest it. It’s thrilling, surprising, and quite entertaining. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Sherlock

Oh Sherlock… Benedict Cumberbatch does an astonishing job in the BBC series Sherlock. He is as usual a quick witted and mysterious fellow. Watching him analyze every human being he encounters is truly incredible and very enjoyable.

Orange is the New Black

Orange always seems to surprise me. In almost every single one of their season finales they have completely stunned everyone viewer including myself. It’s erotic and of course will not disappoint.

Narcos

Narcos is a series based off of the notorious drug lord, Pablo Escobar and his cartel. He is known for killing thousands and helping thousands. Wagner Moura, as Pablo Escobar in Narcos, does a phenomenal job being cruel but also so very charming.

Parks and Recreation

Parks and Rec is a light and fun series. The characters are the ones that make the show. Poehler, Pratt, Plaza, Ansari, and Offerman all play hilarious characters that all have something different about them. It is one of those shows that you can’t endlessly watch all day which makes it dangerous.

The Office

The Office although created before Parks and Rec, has a similar style of shooting. Steve Carell as Michael Scott does a spectacular job playing a weird but funny manager of a paper company. The Office is also one of those shows that you can watch all day or even just throw on an episode to watch for fun.

Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown

Bourdain is a stylish and cultured dude who travels to different places, eats their food, and does different things. Anthony Bourdain is not just cultured but is also very comical in his episodes. He is of course entertaining and with that you get to vicariously live through him in his travels.

Jessica Jones

Marvel recently let out a series based off of their comics called Jessica Jones. In this series, Krysten Ridder plays a fun super hero who has extra strength and tries to help others with her detective work. She does well with her serious role and her comedic role making it blend very well together.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Netflix Original, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is a riveting comedy series starring Ellie Kemper. Ellie Kemper plays an optimistic but broken girl who tries to rebuild herself after 15 years imprisoned in a cult. It’s very lively and is a great show displaying commitment and motivation.