Start the New Semester with Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Going back to school after the long Winter Break kind of sucks. We all feel the pain of leaving your family (and home cooked meals, and free laundry) and going back to waking up earlier than 11 am. But just like how retail therapy can help you get through a horrible day or a bad break up, it can also help with the back to school blues. We have done you a favor and scoured the world wide web for the products we know will help you come back to school in style, and make the transition a little easier (and definitely cuter). 

1. Fancy New Planner

A new year always means a new planner! Use this cute kate spade new york Agenda to showcase your personality, while keeping track of your club meetings, dinner dates, and work schedules!

2. Chic and Useful Backpack

Even on days when you only have one class, you don’t want to be lugging all of your stuff around campus in your arms; how would you carry that double shot dirty chai?? The perfect solution lies in this faux leather backpack. It’ll keep you hands-free so that you can hug any old friends you run into, and won’t clash with your outfit! 

3. Morning Pick-Me-Up

No matter how you start your morning (black coffee, double espresso, large americano, green tea, Red Bull, etc.), the best addition to your morning jolt of caffeine is a smile. Use this hilarious Cat Butt Pattern mug to add a dose of laughter to your morning, and waking up at 8 am won’t seem so bad. 

4. Fearless Pencils

Number 2 pencils are usually reserved for scantron exams, but pencils that say “BADASS BITCH” can be used literally whenever you want. Let your new classmates know that you’re going to own it this semester. The pencils’ inspiration will follow a storyline similar to this:You, in most boring class ever: ‘Holy crap I’m going to die in here.’*Looks down at pencil*’Nah I’m not! I’m a badass bitch and no one can stop me!!!!!’*Takes notes and gets highest grade ever*Everyone loves you and you go down in history as the most amazing person in the universe.

Even if you’re a freshman, you’ve got at least one semester under your belt, and you’re going to kill this one too! Use these fun items to help you get through the spring semester, and let us know if you have any other favorite back to school products that help you own it!

Hannah Littlefield was Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Oklahoma State University for 2 semesters, and she had an amazing team backing her up. During her time as CC, she also wrote for CollegeFashionista and her personal style blog, fefifofhannah.com. She will always remember the wonderful and unique team members she had at HCOS, and will cherish every memory.