Spring Style Guide: Our Favorite Trends In 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Spring marks a huge milestone in the year. Goodbye cold and hello warm! As the temperatures change, so should your closet. While it can be hard to dress for cool mornings and warm afternoons, we have you covered with a simple and easy guide to dressing cute, comfortable, and affordable this year!

1. Floral EVERYTHING

Floral is in people. The best part about the floral phenomenon happening in stores near you is the variety of patterns. If you’re not much for busy tops, then try an off the shoulder, solid color shirt with patches of floral here and there. Floral doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Pair a floral shirt with a pair of light wash jeans and booties. 

2. Denim

This fad is coming in hot in a variety of ways. Whether it’s the form of a jacket, skirt, dress, or overalls (my personal fav) denim is where it’s at. Pair any of the items with a solid long sleeve tee and top knot to round out your look.

3. Stripes

Wear this trend in a dress, skirt or shirt. Pair the look with any shoe or jacket, but go for simple jewelry.

4. The Chunky Heel

If heels haven’t been your favorite in the past, they should be now! The wider heel provides more comfort and comes in an array of styles. Wear them with your favorite pair of jeans or a long dress.

5. The Graphic Tee

Thank the fashion gods that this trend is still going strong. Shed the layers of winter and pair your favorite tees with a cute pair of boyfriend jeans or those summer shorts you’ve been dying to pull out of storage. Dress it up with dark pants and heels or down with sneakers and a ponytail.

6. Sweats in the Streets

You heard me. Sweats. Whether that’s a white tee, black sweats, and fuzzy slippers or a sweatshirt paired up with black ripped jeans, sweats are making their way out of the house. Take advantage while you can. 

No matter what your style is, there is definitely something trending this year that will rock your closet.