Spring Break Ready Diet & Workout

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Spring break is in just two weeks and we all want that slim-figured body so we can show it off in our bikinis. Well here are a few tips to eating healthy and some workouts to get you bikini ready for your spring break trip! Don’t forget the sunscreen either!
First things First-
Breakfast: Ever heard the saying “breakfast is the most important meal of the day”? Well this statement is absolutely true. To get your metabolism going it is always important to start your day off with a nice and healthy breakfast. I find that eating a little bit of carbs, protein, and fruit is always a good combination.
Portion Control: My philosophy for eating healthy is to eat a little bit at a time; portion control. Don’t overeat and think your stomach is a waste basket…because it most definitely is not! If you’re eating out, eat half of what they give you and take the rest to-go to eat for another time! If you can avoid eating out though, I would recommend cooking at home; it’s fun and healthy! Always remember to try to get three full meals into your daily diet and in between those meals snack on fruit that you love.

Daily Water: The most important thing you can do to get all the toxic waste out of your body is to drink 8 glasses of water a day. It can be hard to do, but I find that drinking out of bottles allows you to drink more water. Other alternatives can be to get a lot of antioxidants in your system. These are things like green tea, blueberries, pecans, and artichoke hearts.
Get and Stay Active: Some exercises that I have been doing lately to get my body in shape are ab workouts with P90X and doing home exercises as well. I love to go to the Colvin and get my cardio going by working out on the elliptical. It works out your upper and lower body. The targeted areas are your glutes, hamstrings, quadriceps, and calves. If you’re more of a runner, you can go to boomer and run around the lake or the Colvin also has a nice running track on the top floor. Remember to always stretch before and after your workouts. You’ll get your muscles warmed up before the workout, and prevent a lot of soreness after the workout. It’s important to change your workout routine so your body isn’t stuck in the same cycle of movements. Switch it up and you’ll also be more motivated to workout, instead of constantly doing the same things. Remember, hard work is a two-way street. You get back exactly what you put in.

Becca is an Oklahoma State University fashion journalism student. After she graduates in December, she wants to work for British Vogue. She believes that although a $1,200 sundress looks fantastic on the runway, there are less expensive alternatives to looking fabulous. Knowing how to shop on a budget is a vital skill for every college woman. She has recently completed a life-changing study abroad experience in London and a visual merchandising internship at White House Black Market in Dallas. Becca wants to show the fashion world that you can look beautiful without breaking the bank.