Rules of borrowing clothes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Borrowing clothes is a popular pastime for women. It’s fun to rummage through a friends closet full of new outfit opportunities. But their are rules to keep the stream of clothes borrowing smooth. We must remember that clothes are most womens pride and joy, so we must treat them with respect.

1. Wash: Always wash the clothes before you give them back. And I suggest you hang dry them, just to be on the safe size. Nobody likes clothes that have shrunk.

2. Return: This is the most important rule. Return them in a timely manner. Wash it the day after you wear it and get it back to them within two days. Also, try your best to return it before they have to call and ask for it. We have all experienced going in our closet with a shirt in mind that we want to wear, just to remember Jane Doe has that shirt.

3. Return the favor: Let them borrow your clothes,too. It’s just common courtesy.

4. Don’t take the credit: If you get compliments on the clothes, give the credit to whom deserves it. “Thank you this is my roommates, Jane Doe.”

5. Don’t take advantage: Don’t ask to borrow clothes every weekend. Moderation is key. I am sure they don’t mind lending you clothes, but they may begin to mind if it is a weekly thing.

6. Don’t wear it before them: If the item is new and the owner has not yet worn it out, do not borrow it. Even if the owner says they don’t mind, just don’t do it. It’s rude, it was their money.

I am a senior at Oklahoma State University. My major is Multimedia Journalism with a minor in leadership. I aspire to be a news anchor or work for a fashion magazine, I am honestly open to any kind of journalism though. I am the Her Campus correspondent for OSU. I interned for News on 6 in Tulsa, Okla this summer and I loved every second of it. Basically, I am just a fun-loving girl who loves her friends and family. The only expectations I have for the future is to be happy.