Rifty, From Small Time Animator to Semi-Professional YouTuber

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Rifty (Cole) is a growing gaming channel on YouTube. Mostly known for his dank memes, his ever-present mic stand creaking, and his lovable companion, Sunshine, Rifty has grown a massive following of 38,000+ subscribers. Although not a man of many words, Rifty is a considerate YouTuber with a promising future. 

Below you will find an interview that was conducted by one of our HC Oklahoma State writers, Justine Smith, on his experience of being on YouTube.

(Rifty. “Battlefiled 1 Trailer REACTION! | NEW BATTLEFIELD!” video (First video to hit one million views!))

~~~

JS: Tell us a little bit about yourself.

CT: “My name is Cole, I’m 18 years old, and I’m from Texas. I post stupid videos on YouTube.”

JS: When did you start your YouTube channel?

CT: “I started my YouTube channel 2 years ago.”

JS: What would you rate your content? What would you say your content is mostly consists of?

CT: “My content mostly consists of game related videos, such as Battlefield 1, Diep.io, and Overwatch.”

(Rifty, “PROBABLY NOT A WORLD RECORD! | Diep.io (Agar.io/Slither.io) – Part 1” video.)

JS: What motivated you to start a YouTube channel?

CT: “I was motivated to start a channel when I became interested in animation. I don’t plan on going back to animation as most of my time ,and efforts go to classes and my YouTube career.”

JS: What is the final name for you growing army of subscribers?

CT: “I have no idea, however it’s slowly, but surely, being determined by fans in the comment section of most of my videos.”

JS: Do you have any major influences on YouTube that inspire you?

CT: “My main inspirations are my friends. They keep me going!”

(Rifty ft. The Swollen Gamer and Oompaville, “AMERICANS TRY AMERICAN SODA FOR THE FIRST TIME” video.)

JS: What advice would you give to someone wanting to start a YouTube channel?

CT: “I would suggest to keep making videos. The more you make, the better you get at them.”

JS: What are your plans for the future? How long do you expect to be doing this?

CT: “I plan on doing this as long as I possibly can!”

JS: Any last words for fans and future subscribers?

CT: “Please don’t subscribe to me.”

If you would like to connect with Rifty, click here for his YouTube channel. He’s also on Twitter and Twitch, if you want to follow him there as well.

If you have any input you’d like to share, tell me on Twitter at @HCOklahomaState!