OSU and Philanthropy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

One of the greatest things about Oklahoma State University is it’s dedication and passion to Philanthropy. Every year Oklahoma State hosts many Philanthropic events in order to raise money for a special cause in the community and beyond. We see many students and faculty get together in order to make these things possible and to make a difference in the community we live in.

One specific and recent philanthropic event held was Bennett Jam hosted on April 8th. It was a benefit concert catering live music by Jake Murphy, Voss and more. This was a benefit concert supporting a little 4 year old resident of Stillwater, Ainsley, who is fighting through Luekemia currently.

The event was held in Bennett Hall’s front lawn and had Bad Brad’s and other food, raffles, and entertainment. There were also shirts for sale and all proceeds from the shirts food and raffles went to Ainsley’s fight. The event was filled with people and friends helping a community cause. 

“It was really great to see so many people outside of Bennett,” Kelsey Harris a Bennett Resident said, “I love that people are so passionate enough to support this little girl that they don’t know. There were positive vibes in the air all night.”

Oklahoma State hosts many similar philanthropic events such as this to help make a difference in many people. That is what makes Oklahoma State so special. The hearts and support of the students are always so big and it really helps define the idea that our we have such a friendly campus.