Oklahoma State Creative Lightning Awards

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Do you want to show off your work? Do you want to build your resume with a few awards? Are you itching to see what real-world professionals think of your skills? Then you might consider entering the CLAs!

Creative Lightning Awards is a creative competition that recognizes excellence in college student produced advertising, promotional, graphic arts, video, digital design and photography work. Even if you are not an advertising student, there are a wide variety of categories to fit your specific creative outlet. Submissions can be anything from class projects to independent work. 

The CLAs are a tool for OSU students to get recognized for their talent. All entries will be evaluated by Ad2OKC in the same manner as the American Advertising Awards. As an added bonus, feedback will be given. The entries with the highest scores, designated “Best In Show” will automatically be entered into the OKC or Tulsa AAF Addy competition in January. The entire point of this competition, is to get you an Addy–because as one recruiter said, “People with an Addy go to the top of my stack. A college student with an Addy… that’s impressive.”
Here are the details to enter:

·        The deadline for entries is Nov. 12 at 5 p.m. Extended to MIDNIGHT TONIGHT!!!

·      Cost is $20 per entry, bulk entries of 10 or more can get a 15% discount. Email Cynthia Nichols or Jessica Wedge for details.

·      Best in Show designs will be entered into its respective category in the Oklahoma City or Tulsa Addy’s.

·      Go to www.osuadclub.com/cla to enter.

Celebrations and announcement of the winners will be at the AdClub end of the semester party with snack and refreshments on Friday, Nov. 20 from 4-7 p.m. in the Sequoyah room of the Student Union.  AD2OKC Members along with ADClub alumni will also be there to speak with about your entries and future job opportunities. 
Hannah Littlefield was Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Oklahoma State University for 2 semesters, and she had an amazing team backing her up. During her time as CC, she also wrote for CollegeFashionista and her personal style blog, fefifofhannah.com. She will always remember the wonderful and unique team members she had at HCOS, and will cherish every memory.