Oklahoma State Blows KU Out of the Water

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Oklahoma State played Kansas University at Boone Pickens Stadium on Saturday. Kickoff was at 3:30. Although Kansas scored within the first five minutes of the game, it would be the last time that Kansas would score in a while.
Oklahoma State heated up quickly in the first quarter. Brandon Weeden #3 (our quarterback), made a 12-yard pass to Josh Cooper (#25) for Cowboys first touchdown.
Tied 7-7, Justin Blackmon (#81) received a 24-yard pass from Weeden (#3) to score the second touchdown.
At the end of the first quarter, Hubert Anyiam (#84) scored twice by catching both passes from Weeden, and Andrew Smith (#79) ran 38 yards to the end zone. Kicker Quinn Sharp (#13) made all of his field goal kicks to make the ending of the first quarter score OSU 35, KU 7. 
The second quarter belonged to the Cowboys. The KU score remained at seven throughout the whole quarter. Joseph Randle (#1) ran two yards to make a touchdown. Blackmon (#81) received a one-yard pass from Weeden to score again. Isaiah Anderson (#82) caught a 24-yard pass from Clint Chelf (#10) to score the last touchdown of the half. The Cowboys ended on top at the end of the second quarter with a score of 56 and KU at 7.
The third quarter KU scored to make the score OSU 56 – KU 14. That did not knock the Cowboys off of their stride; Michael Harrison scored a touchdown from a 30-yard pass thrown by Chelf (#10). The ending score of the third quarter was OSU 63, KU 14.
During the final quarter, Hershel Sims (#23) completed a one yard run, and the field goal kick by Sharp (#13) made the score 70 to 14. KU ended up scoring twice at the end making the final score OSU 70, KU 28.
Although it started to rain in the middle of the game, and most of us girls were running for cover to preserve our hair and makeup, the Cowboys had an outstanding game. Scoring 70 points in this game matched the most the Cowboys have scored in a game. The last time that the Cowboys scored 70 points was in 1973! The game was a complete blowout.

Becca is an Oklahoma State University fashion journalism student. After she graduates in December, she wants to work for British Vogue. She believes that although a $1,200 sundress looks fantastic on the runway, there are less expensive alternatives to looking fabulous. Knowing how to shop on a budget is a vital skill for every college woman. She has recently completed a life-changing study abroad experience in London and a visual merchandising internship at White House Black Market in Dallas. Becca wants to show the fashion world that you can look beautiful without breaking the bank.