The OK State Guide to Getting Through Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Oklahoma State University is entering midterm season!!! Prepare for long hours in the library, Caribou Coffee runs and people asking you if you’ve gotten any sleep lately. Surprise, the answer is NO!!! You’re pretty sure your professor designed your chemistry midterm to not include any time for sleep!

No worries, though, Her Campus helps keep you on track to #GettingBackGivingBack during midterms with amazing products in the back-to-school survival kits!

Getting Back

Sometimes you get (and need) a break from all the studying and stress! Maybe it’s in the form of a food break, with one of Chipotle’s Burrito Bowls! If you remember to eat during midterms, you might as well do it with a bowl of non-GMO goodness! And with BOGO cards, you can afford to take your bestie for a food-pick-me-up, too!

Remember last semester, when you were constantly being asked, “Wow you look so tired, have you gotten any sleep lately?”That doesn’t have to happen again this semester (whether you get any sleep or not!)NYC’s City Proof 24HR Waterproof Eyeshadow is waterproof, crease-proof, smear-proof and even tear-proof so you can rub your eyes, stress cry and fall asleep with your face in your text book all you want, while still looking like the bright eyed beauty you are.

Worried that your makeup will be 10/10 but your hair will miss the memo? Your hair will keep up with TRESemmé’s Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray and Wave Creation Sea Foam. The Perfectly (un)Done Seas Salt Spray gives you a sexy, tousled texture for those coveted beach waves that everyone loves, and the Wave Creation Sea Foam leaves your hair with soft, natural movement that’s never stiff or sticky. Wake up a few minutes early to pamper yourself and apply these wonderful products to your hair. You’ll thank us later. 

Ever wish you would wake up in someone else’s body, someone else’s life? That’s what happens in Every Day, by David Leviathan. In Every Day, A, wakes up every morning in a different body, living a different life. When A meets Rhiannon, everything changes. A has finally found someone to love, and the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Read a few chapters of Every Day, to get your fantasy fix while you’re waiting for the midterm to start (cause you just can’t fit another single factoid into your brain.)

For when you need a little creative release, try some of the Martha Stewart Crafts ideas with a group of friends. DIY your stress away and you just might end up with a positive keepsake of midterms to show off!

You will be stressed enough with finals, don’t be the person who drops all of your books and pens and study guides on the library steps! Stay organized and stylish during midterms with the MZ Wallace Chelsea Tote. Versatility is in MZ Wallace’s DNA. Created by two native New Yorkers and inspired by city life, this bag will help you go from the class to gym to shopping to dinner.

It’s easy to fall into the coffee/sugar-high trap of midterms, but try a healthier option with your cup of liquid energy by using Zing Zero-Calorie Stevia Sweetener instead of sugar.  Zero calories, no funny aftertaste, and made with only real ingredients, your body will thank you for adding this to your morning pick-me-up!

Giving Back

Finally, there’s nothing like some acts of goodwill to get you in a good mood during midterms. My Social Canvas is a New York City-based social enterprise fashion brand that involves students and emerging designers in creating apparel collections for a cause. My Social Canvas recently partnered with Dayle Haddon’s nonprofit WomenOne, with their #Design4HerEducation campaign

If design isn’t your thing, give back by hosting a She’s the First tie-dye cupcake bake off after midterms! She’s the First provides scholarships to girls in low-income countries, fostering first-generation graduates and cultivating the next generation of global leaders. Currenlty, She’s the First is sponsoring 529 girls in 10 countries! So bake some delicious treats and do some good!

Or you can try the Clinton Foundation’s #NoCeilings: The Full Participation Project’s 30-Day Challenge, which helps girls and women make small (but meaningful) changes that promote full participation in their daily lives. Break through those glass ceilings of gender inequality and use your new skills to kick some serious butt during midterms. Work on it with your group of friends, and help yourself, your squad and your community on the path to full participation!

Big thanks again to Her Campus for helping to put together this survival kit of goodness for collegiate women! Go snag some Her Campus swag to remind you that when midterms are stressing you out, Her Campus has your back!

If you’re interested in learning more about any of the #GettingBackGivingBack products or campaigns on this page, reach out to Her Campus OK State on our social media!!!

• Facebook: facebook.com/HCOklahomaState
  • Twitter: @HCOklahomaState
  • Instagram: @HCOklahomaState
  • #HCOKstate

We’ll be handing out some of these items tomorrow October 19 by the Union starting at 12 so make sure you stop by!

I'm a first-year grad student at Oklahoma State University. I am involved with communication studies and gender issues. I'm a dog-person, not a cat-person, but only because I'm allergic to cats. I enjoy documentaries on Netflix and my favorite food is every food.