This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

This is my installment of my version of this months discover weekly!

Lovers Rock – TV Girl

This indie song is an instant classic with those who like things reminiscent of classic romantic tunes and modern indie jams. TV Girl has perfected the mix of traditional and modern on this tune.

Maggie May – Rod Stewart

One of my top 10 favorite songs EVER. This song makes me feel like I’m made of sunshine and butterflies. Check it out for yourself.

boys r dumb! duh! – Silver Sphere

If you like the classic girl-pop song, this one is for you. About the struggle of hanging out with an ex, Silver Sphere captures the feeling with synth pop tones and an interesting indie vibe.

Vowels (And the Importants of Being Me) – HUNNY

HUNNY is a sort of new band on the scene, they have aspects of the indie bands you know and love with a twist of a pop-punk vibe with the vocals. If you like the 1975, this is a sort of soft-core version of the band you know and love.

Face to Face – Rex Orange County

Off Rex Orange County’s new album, this song was an instant favorite of mine. It’s soft and emotional, but still upbeat. It incorporates soft guitar and percussion with slight pop beats in the background. If you like this check out the rest of the album!

If you like these suggestions, check out the full playlist!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6ljq4N0GG6JBZJaWaMbuwV?si=3_ybibNnQy-2…

Zoe is a sophomore zoology & biology double major, focusing on ecology & conservation biology. She is also pursuing a minor in wildlife ecology. She is an OK State Her Campus contributor & marketing director. She is also involved in OK State's chapter of Omega Phi Alpha and a local member of the Tri-Beta biological honor society. When she is not working or writing, you can catch her watching nature documentaries, coloring, getting tattooed, or perusing through sprouts.