This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

All us spotify users know weekly they curate a playlist just for you. This is like that, but not really. Here are 10 songs/artists I think you should be listening to after this month.

Brockhampton

“BOY BYE”

The self-proclaimed best boyband since one direction recently came out with their newest album GINGER. A more mature take than their earlier stuff, they use a mix of non-conventional rap instruments to create a sound that cannot help but draw you in.

Clairo

“Sofia”

A new favorite among the college population, Clairo is a soft-spoken indie artist with some traditional as well as modern inspiration.

Beck

“Cellphone’s Dead”

Beck has been around for a while, but after a Cage the Elephant/Beck concert this summer I’ve become obsessed. This track is a little more out there than most of his other stuff because of the strong 80’s synth vibes.

The 1975

“It’s Not Living (If It’s Not With You)”

If there was ever a staple of today’s music, The 1975 would come close to first. This echoey tune utilizes some rock guitar and keys, and it all works beautifully well.

The Cure

“Just like Heaven”

The Cure is just a classic, enough said.

Mac Miller

“Dang! (feat. Anderson .Paak)”

I’m just now getting into Mac Miller, and this has quickly become one of my favorite songs EVER. RIP Mac ☹

Toro y Moi

“Empty Nesters”

Toro y Moi is one of the lesser known artists on this list, his music mixes an 80’s inspiration with modern indie components.

Tyler, The Creator

“EARFQUAKE”

Everyone loves Tyler! And with good reason, this track has something unique about it as well as the rest of the album. Instant classic.

Father John Misty

“Real Love Baby”

Father John Misty is like a softer version of Hozier, who doesn’t sing about love and decay constantly. This track is severely underrated.

Johnny Utah

“French Girl”

Johnny Utah is a new find of mine, with humorous tunes that are incredibly pleasing to the ear, he’ll satisfy anyone looking for a pop/indie mix with a little bit of party mixed in.

If you like these recommendations check out my full August 2019 playlist showcasing these artists and more!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4oKUbfPqICz6OXJdN9AkU6?si=GKzZNyDgSJKf…

Zoe is a sophomore zoology & biology double major, focusing on ecology & conservation biology. She is also pursuing a minor in wildlife ecology. She is an OK State Her Campus contributor & marketing director. She is also involved in OK State's chapter of Omega Phi Alpha and a local member of the Tri-Beta biological honor society. When she is not working or writing, you can catch her watching nature documentaries, coloring, getting tattooed, or perusing through sprouts.