Mumford & Sons head to Guthrie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

By Montinique Monroe 

The internationally known group Mumford & Sons is coming to Guthrie, Okla. for the first time. The group’s appearance in the town will go down in history as one of the biggest events Guthrie has ever seen.

The English folk rock band of four men by the names of Marcus Mumford, Ben Lovett, Country Winston and Ted Dwane, formed their group in London, England. The men of Mumford & Sons will be traveling with the Gentlemen of the Road Tour to towns that are not often visited. Guthrie is one of three towns across the nation that will be hosting the tour, according to GTV20.

The tour means big things for the town of Guthrie. The concert is predicted to bring in around 25,000 people, according to Channel 9 News. This concert means more than great music, festivities, fun and laughter. It means revenue for the town of Guthrie and opportunity for the people. Mumford & Sons will perform at the Cottonwood Flatts from Sept.6-7.