The Most Stylish Campus Celebrity You’ve Ever Seen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Love Emmarie is about to become your newest obsession. Run by DHM apparel merchandising major Emily Bruner, it will soon become your source for all things fashion and fitness related.

Emily originally started blogging her sophomore year of high school in a “super tiny town in north Texas called Gunter” as a creative outlet for her interest in fashion.

“I was that girl that drew her own clothing lines as art fair projects. I knew I probably wouldn’t end up designing clothes, so I needed some sort of creative outlet. And so Love Emmarie was born!” It has changed slightly since it’s inception, though. After meeting her freshman RA and watching her train for a weightlifting and body building competition, Emily found her love for fitness once reignitied. “I’ve played sports since I was 4 and throughout high school (I’m super competitive), but after coming to college I had no way to channel that competitiveness,” she told me in a recent email interview. After months of strict training and dieting, she competed in her first bikini show last November, and is currently training for the April OSU Cowboy Classic! “Competing on stage in the actual show is terrifying, but knowing you pushed your body to its limits and have the determination and dedication to go through with it is empowering to say the least.” 

Speaking of being empowered, Emily finds that expressing her personal style makes her feel more confident, and knows that feeling “like a smoke show,” is all that really matters. 

Want to know what this fit fashion guru is doing for Spring Break? Here’s a hint: “I fully expect to come back to a beautiful Bahamian glow!”

Check out her awesome blog, Love Emmarie, for all the details of her Spring Break plans, and all of your fitness and fashion interests! And make sure you follow this Campus Celeb on Instagram, too! 

Hannah Littlefield was Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Oklahoma State University for 2 semesters, and she had an amazing team backing her up. During her time as CC, she also wrote for CollegeFashionista and her personal style blog, fefifofhannah.com. She will always remember the wonderful and unique team members she had at HCOS, and will cherish every memory.