Midterm Recovery

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

How did your first exams and midterms go? Did you check your midterm grades on SIS? If you don’t like what you see, don’t worry! There is still hope to bring your grades up this semester. As a freshman, I saw my midterm grades and freaked out; but with these tips I was able to bring them up before I received my final grades!
               Tip #1: Assess the contributing factors that resulted in your current academic performance. Learn from your past and realize that whatever your habits have been thus far; they have to change because currently they are not working.
               Tip #2: Review your syllabus to assess the chances of raising your grade. Count your points and see what you need to do on future assignments in order to get the grade you want.
              Tip #3: Get organized. Break your assignments down and set personal deadlines. Using a plan
ner will benefit you in many ways; it will keep you ready and remind you of what is coming up.
               Tip #4: Meet your professors! They want and will help you. I got a 48 on one of my midterms and went to my professor’s office hours to get an understanding, and she ended up boosting my grade to a 70!
               Tip #5: Take advantage of tutoring on campus!   214 Student Union has a personal tutor for any subject!
These five tips really turned around my first semester and I know it will help guide yours! More importantly the last tip I have for you is to stay positive! You still have half a semester to go and it is yours for the changing!

Always here for you,
Emily Pearl 

Becca is an Oklahoma State University fashion journalism student. After she graduates in December, she wants to work for British Vogue. She believes that although a $1,200 sundress looks fantastic on the runway, there are less expensive alternatives to looking fabulous. Knowing how to shop on a budget is a vital skill for every college woman. She has recently completed a life-changing study abroad experience in London and a visual merchandising internship at White House Black Market in Dallas. Becca wants to show the fashion world that you can look beautiful without breaking the bank.