This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.
If you have read any of my past articles then you know that I absolutely LOVE Soundcloud.

One day, I came across an talented artist by the name of Ye Ali from Indiana, but currently resides in California. I instantly fell in love with his sound, in which he combines modern R&B with a little 90s R&B, and creates music that is on a completely different level. The first song I listened to was LNF (Late Night Flex), and I’m not going to lie, I had that song on replay for two months. Then I came across his other song Ring, and became obsessed the feel and how the beat flows throughout the song. I lived on his Soundcloud for months listening to all of his songs all day, every day.

But why am I so obessed with TrapHouse Jodeci, well keep reading to find out!
~~~

So many artists tweet about their music and what they’re working on, but most of the time nothing comes into work, but Ali’s music has. I can read it on social media, then few weeks later I am able to stream it on Soundcloud. One thing about Ali, is that you can see the passion he has for his music, you know it’s real.

When his first album, TrapHouse Jodeci dropped August 25th of this year, I wasn’t surprised by the depth and pure talent on the album. All of his songs on the album bang, and these days that’s hard for an artist to accomplish. He produced this album in his producer’s kitchen, and it sounds like it was made in a million dollar studio. That’s how you know the talent is real.

He has gained momentum, recognition and respect from the industry, but even through his popularity, he takes time to connect and interact with his fans through social media. I personally asked him a few months ago if I could meet him for my birthday, and he agreed to lunch whenever I was in LA. I don’t know if he remembers, but just that genuine response with an added birthday wish really made me smile.

Artists sometimes forget about the fans and he hasn’t, and I well respect him for this. I believe that his career will continue to grow, and hopefully I’ll make it to LA for that lunch!
Traphouse Jodeci Forever

Check Out His Music Below!

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/yeali

Instragram & Twitter: @ye_ali