Little Known (But Still Fun!) March Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

March is, of course, the month of Spring Break and St. Paddy’s Day. And while we are all terribly terribly sad that Spring Break is over and we have to wait 360-some odd days for it to come again, there are lots of other fun holidays you may not have known about! Read all about them below, and have fun celebrating them!

March 23

National Chip and Dip Day

Chips and dip are like the PB&J of the snack world. This holiday celebrates the beloved snack duet. Grab 2 or 3 different chips and dips, and invite your pals over for fun snack-filled festivities! Bonus points for using chips and dip as an appetizer and then eating an actual meal for dinner instead of just chips and dip. 

March 25

International Waffle Day

If you’re anything like Leslie Knope, or me, and you LOVE waffles and can’t get enough of them, then March 25 is your day! Support your local food truck, Stillwaffles, and get a delicious waffle from them! Or, if sitting in a restaraunt is more your style, stop by IHOP, any time day or night!

March 26

National Spinach Day

Remember when your parents told you to eat your greens? Even if you don’t have any vegetables for the other 364 days of the year, take today to appreciate spinach! It’s super easy to cook, or just ask for spinach in your salad instead of lettuce! Popeye knows what’s up.

March 28

Something On A Stick Day

You can get just about anything “on a stick” nowadays. My first thought was the delicious chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick that they sell at the Tulsa State Fair! It’s not fair season, unfortunately though, so stop by Sonic and get a corndog, or grab some popsicles from Wal-Mart!

March 30

Take a Walk In the Park Day

What better way to destress from studying and finals than to take a walk in a park? Stillwater has a ton of great parks in every part of the city, so it’ll be easy to find one that you love! Boomer Lake is always a safe bet, too! Grab a pal you haven’t seen in a few weeks, and catch up while walking in the sunshine to celebrate this holiday!

Hannah Littlefield was Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Oklahoma State University for 2 semesters, and she had an amazing team backing her up. During her time as CC, she also wrote for CollegeFashionista and her personal style blog, fefifofhannah.com. She will always remember the wonderful and unique team members she had at HCOS, and will cherish every memory.