This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Women everywhere are making moves like never before. From opening businesses, getting college degrees or becoming CEOs at the top companies, we are changing the game.

For a long time, women were not even given rights to do what they desired to do and many times were put down for their efforts. We are a new generation of women, and we are taking what past generations have taught us to stand up for what we believe in. There are many women around the world that represent women on all types of levels. For example, Beyonce, Rihanna, Angelina Jolie, Oprah, Jennifer Lopez, Zendaya, Rosa Parks, Lauryn Hill, Kris Jenner, Kimora Lee-Simmons; and the list can go on & on.  

From young to old women, no matter their skin color; women are a special piece to every puzzle! Being here at Oklahoma State University, I have learned so many things that have added and enhanced the woman I am today.

This school has been so different from what I was used to, and I’ve had to learn so many new things to function on a day to day basis. The women here are amazing, and it is our season to change the campus in a way that more people recognize this.  

My college has treated me so well in many aspects within my college careers. I am about to graduate in about 2 weeks, and I could not be happier to say that it was from Oklahoma State University. There are indeed some things I would change here, but I feel as if that is at most University’s. Being a woman here has taught me that ANYTHING is possible for me to achieve.

Women are misunderstood on so many levels, and some women are not exactly comfortable being who they really want to be. ALL WOMEN ARE BEAUTIFUL!!! No matter their race, skin color, length of their hair, body type, or anything! Women everywhere have a power and gift that only a woman can have, so please use it because YOU are beautiful.    

I am a Junior at Oklahoma State University majoring in Psychology minoring in philosophy with an option in pre-law. I love to write and read, and love magazines!