This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

The air is getting cooler, the leaves are changing color, but the most prominent signal that fall is finally here is fall fashion.  For many people, myself included, fall is their favorite season to showcase their favorite outfits.  New trends come around every year, but this season seems to birth the cutest ones of all.  Recently I have discovered the overall dress.  The overall dress is a new staple in every fashion focused girl’s closet.  It’s both a statement piece while also being comfortable and easy to wear.  Today I am going to show you 3 ways to style the overall dress.

1. Casual for Class

overall dress, tshirt, sneakers, backpack

Since the overall dress is so easy to throw on in a hurry, I wanted to show how it can be styled for a cute outfit for class.  Because this overall dress is black, a colorful shirt such as this striped yellow t-shirt can be worn underneath.  Sneakers pair well with this outfit to dress down the outfit.  You will get all kinds of compliments from your classmates on this outfit even though it really took minimal effort.

2. Dressed Up

overall dress, sweater, shoes, lip balm

The overall dress can also be dressed up for a slightly classier occasion.  For extra warmth on those colder days, opt for a sweater instead of a shirt underneath your dress.  Pair this outfit with some elegant flats or if you’re up for it, some cute heels.  However, the overall dress still has a mostly cute and innocent vibe so I would stay away from heels that you normally wear on a night out.  To top it off, add some rosy lip balm and blush to match this girly outfit. 

3. Edgy Trendsetter

overall dress, shirt, boots, sunglasses

If you’re feeling a little extra daring, try this all back ensemble out.  The plaid pattern of the dress combined with the mock neck sweater make this outfit super trendy.  To give it a little extra edge throw on some heeled booties like this pair.  These retro cat-eyed sunglasses are also trendy right now so feel free to play up the accessories with this outfit.

If you’ve never heard of the overall dress before now I hope you fell in love with this fall staple as much as I did.  I am so looking forward to rocking one of these cute outfits this season! 

Former President of Her Campus at Oklahoma State University.  Laney is a senior Graphic Design major.  Laney is passionate about philanthropy, activism, education, and art.  When she isn't writing articles for Her Campus she is painting, playing video games, or volunteering.