How Many Calories Are In That Red Solo Cup???

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

How Many Calories are in that Red Solo Cup?

We have all heard of the freshman fifteen. But what most people don’t realize is that the freshman fifteen isn’t only from all that delicious food that you’re getting from the dining hall, but a big part is from what you’re drinking on the weekends. Not only do we have to take into account all the shots that you’ll be taking at the pregame, but you’ll also have to consider that trashcan punch you’ll be drinking at the frat party, because let’s face it, we don’t know what’s in it, we just know its amazing and we’re gonna drink it anyways.

We don’t realize how many calories we are consuming in drinks alone, so here is a better idea of how many calories you’re going to be drinking this weekend, or even on Tuesday night after failing that exam; because its college, and we don’t judge.

Of course, the nutrition facts are gonna vary based on different brands of alcohol, the percentage, and the serving size. A typical shot is about 1.5 fluid ounces, mixed drinks are about 8 ounces, cocktails are typically 3.5, a glass of wine is about 5 ( a glass of wine for me is usually twice that), and a beer has about 12 ounces.

So here is a chart if you want to count your calories for what you’re drinking and to put it into perspective. And don’t forget about what you’re chasing and mixing with, because those calories can definitely add up too.