Hit ’em with the #WhiteGirlVoice

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Music for me is therapy, and it can soothe me or get me hype.

The song for the summer was definitely #WhiteGirlVoice by Raji The One. He’s a rapper,singer, and songwriter that currently resides in Chicago, but he’s from Minneapolis. I came across him on soundcloud , and I’m not going to lie I listened to his song #WhiteGirlVoice every day, it was literally my mood for the whole summer! It’s such a real song, which basically explains if I don’t want to hear your voice, or anything you have to say then I hit you with the #WhiteGirlVoice. Which in this case is the answering machine, talk to her not me, because I’m not in the mood. This song embodied my mood over the summer no question!

As of right now, Raji has 3 songs on his soundcloud, and #WhiteGirlVoice was added about 6 months ago, and it already has a little over 1.5 million plays and over 8,000 likes. Honestly, that’s a huge accomplishment, but I remember when I first looked up the song on YouTube it was incorrectly labeled as White Girl Voice by Partynextdoor feat. Drake & Bryson Tiller vibe. Don’t get me wrong, that song would be amazing, but I still think I would like Raji The One’s version more, because of how smooth it is. I don’t know that much about Raji, but I hope to hear more of his music real soon!

So if you’re having a bad day, and you really don’t want to hear from anybody it’s okay hit ’em with the #WhiteGirlVoice.

Instagram and Twitter: @rajitheone

Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/rajitheone