This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Hair is EVERYWHERE!

From natural hair to extensions, or even color and short cuts, there are many ways women can rock their style. Celebs like Kim Kardashian, Rihanna and Beyonce are iconic for their different and versatile hair styles, because they show that women can rock hair that’s long or short, and also various colors! Maintaining your hair in college can be a little stressful when it comes to making your hair look cute EVERYDAY. Also, finding products that are affordable can be difficult! 

Here are some question and answer tips from Professional Beautician BeeDee, whom is also a natural hair and extension specialist in Oklahoma City, to provide some advice on how to take care of your hair in college.

T: While being a college student and having a strict budget; What are some styles you would suggest that will change my look while also being easy to manage for everyday wear?

B: There’s nothing like a quick and cute messy bun! They have become more popular, because of their easiness to handle. It gives you a free look, and all you need is a rubber band and a few bobby pins! You can even add Chinese bangs to rock for a night out! Another style I would suggest for the fall is cornrows. They are a fun style that gives you an edgy look and are easy to manage for everyday!

T:  The Oklahoma wind can ruin a good hair day in the fall!  What are some tips you have for making styles last throughout the day?

B: Well first, it’s always good to keep around products like frizz control (Garnier Fructis ), volume sprays (Bed Head), leave-in-conditioner (Cantu), and holding spray (Herbal Essence). These are cost friendly products and can be found at many beauty supplies, Walmart, or even Target! Also, do not forget the key for the fall season is to keep hair moisturized! Dry hair is more prone to static, which causes frizz. With all the products mentioned above you won’t have to worry about bad hair on a good day!

T: I have been thinking about trying some extensions for the upcoming season. I want more length and more fullness, what would be some useful advice you could give for women who want to try extensions?

B: I love extensions! Weaves, wigs, or anything that adds more to a women’s style! With extensions, you have the freedom of cutting, curling, or even coloring them without touching your natural hair at all! There are so many different ways to wear your extensions, and the most popular amongst women has become the sew-in. It is a method where your hair is braided and weave is being sewn into the braids to give you a secure hold compared to clip-ins or wigs. With proper care, sew-ins typically last up to 2 or 3 months, but another big factor when dealing with extensions is making sure you have good quality hair that is also affordable.

T: Lastly, Do you have any more advice on good hair care for college students?

B: Always keep your hair moisturized, but not too oily— this can lead to clogged pores which can stunt hair growth—. Another cool trick for bringing beautiful curls back from heat damage is the apple cider vinegar treatment. (Shampoo hair and chase with 1 cup of apple cider vinegar, and a palm size amount of conditioner. Massage the mixture into your hair and sit down with a hair cap for 30 minutes. Soon rinse out the mixture and your curls should be back in action! ) Afterwards, it wouldn’t hurt to add a curly puddy to hair to define your curls!

T: Thank you for your advice! I look forward to using your tips myself!

B: Thank You!

Hair can make a women feel confident and even the simplest styles can change up your look!  If you are ever in the OKC area, or need more tips on beauty, hair care, purchasing extensions or would like a appointment you can contact BeeDee at BeeDeedidit.biz.

Remember, no matter what style you choose to rock, always stay confident, and know that you are beautiful!

* Disclaimer: ALWAYS consult with a professional before cutting or coloring extensions, or your natural hair!

I am a Junior at Oklahoma State University majoring in Psychology minoring in philosophy with an option in pre-law. I love to write and read, and love magazines!