This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

The Pixie Cut 

HOW TO:

Pair sleek hair with a deep part. For this look, you’ll need to part your hair deep to one side so that your bangs cascade down the front of your face at an elegant angle. Making your hair glossy and sleek is the final element and the key behind the glam of this style.[1]

• Wash your hair with your standard shampoo and towel dry, leaving it a little damp.
  • Use a comb to create a deep part along the side of your head. It should roughly line up above one of your ears.
  • Run a dime-sized amount of smoothing cream in your hands and run it through your hair. Comb it all the way through using your fingers or an actual comb.
  • Use a blow dryer to dry your hair straight. If necessary, use a small flat iron to get your hair as straight as possible.
  • Sweep your bangs straight across your forehead if they’re short. If they’re long, angle them in a gentle downward slide from the part down to the opposite side of your forehead. You can do this with the tail end of a comb.
  • Spray with light hairspray for extra hold, if necessary.

Reduce the sleekness for a sophisticated everyday look. Parting your hair deep to one side can still create a classy look even if you decide not to slick it back. Best of all, this style works for formal and informal occasions alike.

• Run a nickel-sized dab of texturizing mousse throughout clean, towel-dry hair. Coat your hair as evenly and thoroughly as possible.
  • Use a comb to give yourself a deep side part to one side of your face.
  • Allow your hair to air dry completely.
  • Dampen your fingertips with a small dab of styling gel. Comb your fingertips through your dried hair to give it more texture and hold.

Effortless Waves

• Divide your hair into 2 ½ inch parts.
  • Take each section and curl with 1 ¼ inch barrel curling iron, beginning about the ear level.
  • Collect the curled hair sections and pin them up.
  • Mist pinned hair with light holding hair spray.
  • Remove the pinned set 30 minutes later from the nape of the neck area.
  • Use a wide-toothed comb to brush the curls in order to gain natural effect.
  • Apply some hair spray to keep the curls in great place.

Athletic Hair

• Step 1 / With a part on the right side, separate off a section of hair and braid it down into a regular braid. Tie off the end with a clear elastic band.
  • Step 2 / Repeat step two with another section of hair on the left side. Once each braid is tied off, gently pull on the edges to create a fuller braid.
  • Step 3 / Sweep the rest of the hair into a ponytail that sits at the center of the back of the head. Tie it off with a clear elastic then gently loosen the hair above the band to create some volume. You can even back comb the hair before starting the hairstyle if you like a lot of volume on top.
  • Step 4 / Wrap the braid on the left sound over the top of the hair band and around the ponytail. Pin it underneath with a hair pin.
  • Step 5 / Now wrap the right sided braid over the ponytail, securing the end as well.
  • Step 6 / Tie three elastic bands over the ponytail, about 2 inches apart.
  • Step 7 / Gently pull on the edges of each section of the ponytail to create a fuller effect.
  • Step 8 / Finish by smoothing down any flyaways with hairspray and to set the style.

Braids

Step 1 / Part hair evenly down the middle and comb out any tangles 

Step 2 / Take a small section of hair on both sides and tie with a small clear elastic

Step 3 / Repeat this step underneath the first section

Step 4 / Separate top section into two pieces and pull bottom pigtail between the two sections on top, adding hair as you pull it through. Secure top section that is now the bottom section with a clear elastic. Add hair to the bottom section. 

Step 4 / Continue until finished.

90’s Inspired 

Step 1 / Section your hair into two pigtails, starting at your temples

Step 2 / Take one pigtail and slightly twist and backcomb it.

Step 3 / Wrap pigtails around until you create a bun, secure with a bobby pin

Step 4 / Repeat these steps on the other pigtail.

Step 5 / After securing the second bun, spray with hairspray to finish the look.

HerCampus OKState Vice President. A Fashion Merchandising major that considers herself a professional crafter and glitter enthusiast with a love for corgi's, queso, and iced Carmel Macchiato's. Alpha Xi Delta PC 2015. National American Miss Oklahoma 2016. The riegning Royal International Miss Oklahoma 2019.