This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Waking up and being excited to go to work is a goal that everyone is tries to achieve. As college students, we would rather go out and party, sleep in, or just relax without having to worry about going to work. Unfortunately, many of us don’t have that luxury. I know that I like to go shopping, tan and go out, which all cost money.

As I am sure we all have been told that money doesn’t grow on trees, we all wish it did. Finding a fun job that supports our spending habits can be hard, but is not impossible. After living in Stillwater for four years now, I have had the opportunity to work at three different jobs and I have friends that have had multiple jobs, as well. I have loved every job I have worked at.

The first job I ever had in Stillwater was working at The Riviera Tanning Salon.  The money was great. We worked off commission, as well as getting paid hourly. I met a lot of friends there. One of the girls I met is now one of my best friends and I roomed with her. I haven’t worked there in two years and neither has she, but we are still friends with about half the girls we worked with. That is very rare to find in a job. Lastly, you get an unbeatable discount on tanning. The downside was I left with a tanning addiction. Scheduling was a little too much, which is why I quit.

My next job was at For Pete’s Sake. It is one the OSU clothing stores next to Eskimo Joes. The environment there was good, too. The people I worked with treated me like family. They really cared and they where flexible with your schedule. If I ever needed anything, it was easy to go talk to the manger, and figure out the situation, whether it had to do with work or personal problems. They were great people to work with. I know that to this day if I ever needed anything, they would be there for me, and I for them. It was very laid back and fun. A perk, I am now a pro at folding t-shirts.  The hours were great, also. No early mornings, and I had my nights free. How can there be any complaints about that? However, a problem arouse when the football season began and I wanted to go to games.

I currently work at Super Kids learning center. Just like my previous two jobs, the people at Super Kids are great. I have made good friends and still continue to make connections. Everyone is so supportive and strives to work with our schedules to ensure that we are all getting what we need. Then there are the kids. Working with children every day is fun. We get to be kids ourselves. It is the only time that I get to escape the troubles of the outside world, and just have fun.  Each day I learn something from the children and it is one of the greatest job experiences I have had. The hours are also great here. I work all week, and get weekends and holidays off. It makes it easy to enjoy the college life on the weekends.

These are just a few jobs around Stillwater that have been great to me.  Stillwater is such a friendly atmosphere, so I assume almost anywhere is going to have a friendly, understanding staff. Go into each job with an open mind and you will enjoy the job.

Other fun jobs in Stillwater:

1. The Buckle
  2. Student Union Store
  3. Best Buy
  4. The Colvin
  5. Bartending
I am a senior at Oklahoma State University. My major is Multimedia Journalism with a minor in leadership. I aspire to be a news anchor or work for a fashion magazine, I am honestly open to any kind of journalism though. I am the Her Campus correspondent for OSU. I interned for News on 6 in Tulsa, Okla this summer and I loved every second of it. Basically, I am just a fun-loving girl who loves her friends and family. The only expectations I have for the future is to be happy.