#FinalsWeek: Break Out of That Study Rut!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

OSU finals are here!!! Of course that means late nights in Edmon Low and last-minute cram sessions over many, many cups of coffee, but if you can relate to any of these 17 tweets about finals week, you might need a study break! In fact, there’s legit research suggesting that around 17 minutes for a break can actually help!

Don’t worry! Her Campus Oklahoma State’s got you covered with some fun (and FREE) ways to fill those 17 minutes for optimized break time!

First take a few minutes to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to learn how to enter our #HCSurvivalKits #SquadGifts giveaway. And then enter of course! One lucky winner will score all these goodies during finals!

Vera Bradley’s Zip ID Case is perfect for keeping track of your student ID because you know you’ll be swiping that thing like crazy for coffee! When (IF) you get some sleep in, you can stay warm (or prop your head up) with a Vera Bradley Throw Blanket.

Proactiv’s also got you and your face covered for any stress-related bumps that might pop up during finals. Also, keep that stress acne away by staying hydrated with a Sorel water bottle. 

After you’re done entering the giveaway, you can take your next break by literally walking into the OSU Reboot Center, no appointment necessary. All services, such as stress-reduction video games and relaxation counseling, are completely FREE! The Reboot Center is located at 320W Student Union.

Finally, when you’re over campus and need to escape, head downtown to the OSU Museum of Art. Get your culture on with the Wákàtí African art exhibit or the Feral Beauty and Opulent Decay exhibit from OSU’s very own Angie Piehl. Museum hours during finals week are Mon-Sat 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. and admission is FREE!

So remember, during finals, it’s OK to take a break! In fact, it will probably help you focus more and study better! Best of luck and hope these Her Campus Oklahoma State break ideas help get our fellow Cowboys and Cowgirls through #finalsweek!

I'm a first-year grad student at Oklahoma State University. I am involved with communication studies and gender issues. I'm a dog-person, not a cat-person, but only because I'm allergic to cats. I enjoy documentaries on Netflix and my favorite food is every food.