This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

2018 is now in full swing, and what better way to start the yer off right than with new beauty products? It can be hard knowing what makeup to buy and what is really worth the price, so this month I have compiled a list of MY February favorites so you can find products that fit your beauty routine and your budget. 

Lush Lip Scrub in Mint Julips

This product is one of my favorites because it helps with my dry flakey lips and improves the look and feel of my lips after just one use! The product is all natural and is same to consume (just don’t actually eat it!) The smell and taste of this product are heavenly, and when paired with a moisturizing chapstick, create the softest lips ever.

Benefit Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer

WOW! This primer has truly changed the makeup game! This product glides on my face effortlessly and, when blended in with my foundation, creates flawless looking skin. My foundation is streak free and has lasting coverage. The makeup stays on my face and doesn’t feel like an oil slick on my face and it doesn’t feel like my makeup is moving around my face.  

Anastasia Light to Medium Contour Kit

This kit is everything a girl with light to medium skin tones dreams about! This kit comes with three different contour colors, each for a different skin tone, as well as three light colors to highlight the face and help to draw light on to the face. I have used other contour kits before but never a contour kit like this! It has truly helped me step up my contour game. 

Tarte Clay Play Shaping Pallet Vol. 2

This pallet is perfect for a girl on the go! This pallet comes with 9 eyeshadows ranging from shimmers to mattes, a contour color, blush, and a highlighter. This pallet is great for all the women out there that use neutral colors on a regular basis. The highlight gives a subtle shine but not something that is overpowering or chunky looking. The mattes are true mattes and the shimmers are very sparkly without looking chunky.  

NYX Lingerie

Not only is this product perfect for liquid lip lovers, but its budget friendly. This collection consists of many different shades of nude, perfect for the girls that love a nude lip. The product goes on smooth and lasts for hours, I have used this product for weeks and it has withstood eating, drinking, and a night out on the town. You can mix and match each color to create your own personal shade that fits your skin tone and mood.

Tarte Maneater liquid eyeliner

I’ve never really loved a liquid eyeliner until I came across this one! I love a bold black cat eye look when it comes to my eyeliner and this product does not disappoint. It’s bold and dark and applies effortlessly onto my eyes. The eyeliner is easy to hold and control and the brush creates perfect thin and thick lines, creates the perfect cat eye seamlessly. 

They’re Real! Lengthening Mascara 

Many Mascaras that I have used in the past leaves dark specks of mascara on my under eyes and tend to weigh my lashes down, causing the curl in my lashes to fall. But this mascara not only lengthens my lashes but also helps add curl to them as well. The brush has bristles on the end to help get the lashes in the inner eye and your lower lashes, helping the appearance of your lashes look darker, fuller, and of course longer. Definitely worth the splurge.   

BECCE Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter “Champagne Pop”

I love a poppin’ highlighter, which is why I instantly gravitated towards this highlighter as soon as I saw it in the store. The tone of this highlight is a rose gold color, perfect for all skin tones. It goes on smoothly and is buildable, so you can be as dewy and glowing as you would like. BECCA has 4 different shades in their collection, each a different hue and color but all the same quality. If you want a beautiful dewy glow that is fine glitter and not chunky glitter, I highly recommend this highlight for my glowy goddesses.  

HerCampus OKState Vice President. A Fashion Merchandising major that considers herself a professional crafter and glitter enthusiast with a love for corgi's, queso, and iced Carmel Macchiato's. Alpha Xi Delta PC 2015. National American Miss Oklahoma 2016. The riegning Royal International Miss Oklahoma 2019.