Fashion Visionary, Autumn Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Meet apparel design student, Autumn Tyler, AKA Autumn Love. Her keen eye for fashion and her love for design make her one of the trendiest students on campus.
Stephanie Nava: What is fashion?
Autumn Love: Fashion to me, is another form of art. Just as an artist expresses themselves through their art, I express mine through my designs as well as my everyday clothes. It is baring my heart and soul through color, texture, and details.
S:What influences your fabulous style?
A<3:I love finding little vintage trends and pairing them with current trends. I love all things vintage and secretly wish I could live in another decade!I love the twenties for its’ fashion rebellion.
S: How do you decide what to wear?
A<3:First the weather, then I just follow my mood. Colors have a lot to do with it!
S: Color/Print/Fabric you prefer?
A<3:I find myself drawn to natural colors mostly. My closet is color coordinated and the biggest portion is ivory, lacy, textury things. I don’t even realize it when I buy them!
S: Are you currently working on a special project?
A<3:Yes! My first couture evening gown inspired by the art deco buildings of Tulsa as well as my senior collection (which you will be seeing in April 2012!)
S: Can you give us a fashion advice that you live by?
A<3:“It’s not what you wear, it’s how you wear it!” It may be cliché, but it’s entirely true!
A<3’s favorite:
dessert- tiramisu!
color- lavender
Animal- I have always wanted a baby fox for a pet

Becca is an Oklahoma State University fashion journalism student. After she graduates in December, she wants to work for British Vogue. She believes that although a $1,200 sundress looks fantastic on the runway, there are less expensive alternatives to looking fabulous. Knowing how to shop on a budget is a vital skill for every college woman. She has recently completed a life-changing study abroad experience in London and a visual merchandising internship at White House Black Market in Dallas. Becca wants to show the fashion world that you can look beautiful without breaking the bank.