Fall Fashion Staple: Boots and More Boots!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

The season is changing, and it’s time to box up the sandals and bring out the boots. Boots are a must-have for every fall wardrobe.  There are dozens of cute ways to wear them, and they are perfect for cold days on campus.  

Boots are easy to dress up or down.  They’re in style every season, and that makes it an easy trend to follow.  You can bring out your old boots and still be up-to-date.  It’s this season’s accessories that can make last season’s boots really pop and appear current. Tall socks and leg warmers are the perfect match for any pair of boots.  Put a pair under tall riding boots for a layered look, or a pair of lacey socks on with your cowboy boots for a fun, feminine look.                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Tall socks and leg warmers don’t have to be expensive.  Instead of spending $20 or more on a pair you can make your own in minutes! Have an old sweater that you don’t wear anymore?  Simply cut off the sleeves and use them to quickly put the look together. 

Junior Lauren Mitchell pairs combat boots with a printed sweater.

Senior Mary Tagart wearing brown combat boots and a cozy sweatshirt.

Liz Williams (left) wearing grey Sanuk combat boots and a black jacket and Clarissa Hoskison in black riding boots, a flannel and a black vest.

A pair of combat boots, riding boots, booties or cowboy boots will tie together your cozy fall look.  Accessorize to makes yours unique.

Multimedia Journalism student at Oklahoma State University.