This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Not all of us can afford the perfect Pinterest dates, but we still enjoy doing new and fun things with our significant others. So instead of helplessly scrolling through the bloggers that travel the world for fun dates, here are some affordable and practical date ideas!

1. Haunted House

Most states have several haunted houses. In Oklahoma, there is Fright Fest, Guthrie Haunts, and The Hex House to name just a few. Whether it is a first date or a fun evening with a longtime partner, a haunted house is sure to be exciting.

2. Movie Night

Movie nights are always fun, but to make it new and interesting and fall themed watch all scary movies. Scary movies are my favorite spooky activity for the Halloween season. Rent several old-school scary films and binge watch them all night.

3. Hiking

As the Oklahoma weather starts to cool down, before Winter hits is the perfect time in this state to hit the hiking trails and spend some quality time with your person. I love the drive to the trail and then getting to know the other person by spending all day hiking together. It presents the perfect time to talk.

4. Re-create your first date

This one is for people that have been together a long time. It is easy to lose the excitement of going out on dates when you have been with someone for a long time, but it is important to keep the romance alive! Surprise your partner with a recreation of your first date ever.

5. My personal favorite: Concerts!

I absolutely love concerts and even if you and your S.O. don’t share the exact same music taste a concert is a good way to get in tune with them.

Bonus Idea:

Corn Maze!