Easy Ways to Make your Day Better

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Everyone has those days. You sleep through your alarm, spill coffee on your best blouse and then break your shoe walking to class.

It’s safe to say a morning like this could put anyone in a bad mood, but there’s no reason to stay that way. Here are a few mood boosters guaranteed to turn your day around. 

Exercise– Have you ever regretted working out? No, of course not. Exercise gives an outlet to relieve stress and anger. Feeling physically exhausted can help you forget about your mental exhaustion. And who doesn’t love a long shower after a hard workout?

Singing– Every one likes music, right? Make a “happy music” playlist, and any time you’re feeling down play the music. And sing along. Your neighbors may hate you, but your sanity is sure to be saved.

Helping a friend– It may not make your problems go away but, doing something kind for someone else is a sure way to bring your smile back. Even the smallest gesture, like bringing someone a cup of coffee, can make you feel better. And who knows, the other person might need the boost as much as you do.

Chocolate– Every girl’s classic standby. Unlike other things in your life chocolate will never let you down. It doesn’t take much; just one Hershey’s kiss is scientifically proven to make you feel better. So if you’re having an off day, why not take a second to indulge yourself with something sweet and save the rest of your afternoon from gloom?

I'm a sophomore at Oklahoma State University, and I'm studying multimedia journalism. I'm from Carrollton, Texas. After graduating, I want to move to New York and hopefully work for a magazine.