This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

If you have anger issues, thinking about how to deal with those emotions isn’t something that immediately comes to mind when you get upset. A lot of people that let anger build up tend to just let that emotion explode and they don’t think about how to handle it. Letting those feelings flow immediately isn’t the best option.

Instantly resorting to blowing up doesn’t allow you that time to think about why you’re upset. What if something was misworded? Taken out of context? If you lashed out, would you look back and think that it actually wasn’t worth getting that upset over? Taking a little bit of time to think about the situation may be a good decision to consider. A good way to do this is to walk away from the situation, take some deep breaths and finish dealing with it. 

Anger can be a hard emotion to deal with because rage can easily build up and consume your thought process. However, it’s important to not let that happen and take control of your thoughts and feelings. 

Makenzie Massey

OK State '21

Hi! My name is Makenzie. I'm a junior at Oklahoma State and I'm majoring in strategic communications. Some passions of mine are cooking, traveling and expressing creativity!