Style

Customize Your Gameday Outfit This Homecoming

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

You can count down the hours to the homecoming game now and if you’ve been busy with other activities and classes, you may not have taken the time to think about what you’ll be wearing. But never fear! I’ve compiled a list of some DIY ways to customize your outfit in no time.

Add Lace-Up Sides

This project is probably the easiest on this list, but I love the little accent that can be added to any top. Just grab your favorite OSU top and cut slits up the sides. If you’re starting with a t-shirt you can also cut off the sleeves or crop it if you’d like, just make sure you don’t cut the slits all the way to the armpits! Add holes to both sides of the slits and lace it with shoelaces, ribbon, or thin strips of fabric. Ta-da! That’s it. You’re ready to go.

Painted Jean Jacket

If you’re really feeling crafty, you can try painting your own logo or design on the back of a jean jacket. Check out @jakt.designs and @itsbyliv on Instagram for even more inspiration (or to buy one of their designs if you don’t want to make it yourself)!

Add Patches

Now I’m not entirely sure what all was used on this specific jacket (I think just paint and them a little embroidery around the bottom), but you could totally mimic this style by using iron-on star patches at the top and throwing on some rickrack around the bottom. Using patches is a great alternative to painting if you’re not confident in your artistic abilities or don’t have the time.

Mix It All Together

Feel free to mix everything together! You can crop, lace-up, AND paint part of your outfit if you want! And don’t limit yourself – instead of a jean jacket, customize jeans like this girl or a skirt or anything really. The sky is the limit.

If you decide to try one of these designs, make sure to tag @hcoklahomastate on Instagram! Good luck and happy homecoming!

Ann is a senior at Oklahoma State University majoring in nutritional sciences. She is also a personal trainer and in her free time likes to relax and watch movies.