Cowgirl takes a Bite Out of the Big Apple

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

With an unplanned detour through Houston, the trip to one of the fashion capitals in the world did not start as smoothly as hoped for. Despite the inconveniences I was thrilled to land in New York right on time. But of course, I ended up missing the shuttle van that was supposed to take me to our hotel and ended up catching my first New York City taxicab! From that moment I knew I was in for a wild ride… literally.

My trip to NYC gave me a small taste of my dream. The trip infused me with energy and now that I am back, I have more motivation and energy than ever all of which is channeled towards completing my classes and learning.

The trip was organized chaos from the moment we landed at La Guardia; it was jam packed with internship interviews, executive meetings, course projects, and of course fabulous shopping.

We had the pleasure of meeting with the COO of Coach, Mr. Jerry Stritzke, who is an OSU graduate and a particular charming and charismatic individual. It was very refreshing and reassuring to see a fellow OSU cowboy in a position such as his. He made it clear to us that if we remain dedicated to our professional desires and apply ourselves while at OSU we will accomplish our goals. To top it off he gave us each a Coach wristlet as a memento.

The contemporary innovation and elegance of NYC fashion is unparalleled. The shear volume of quality and craftsmanship available in the city is overwhelming. Every shop we entered was exquisite and unique in its own personal way. My personal favorite was called “All Saints”; they offered a very cutting-edge selection of ornamental accessories, such as earrings and necklaces.

NYC was an excellent trip and I would recommend it for anyone! Take a chance and take your own bite out of the big apple! 

Becca is an Oklahoma State University fashion journalism student. After she graduates in December, she wants to work for British Vogue. She believes that although a $1,200 sundress looks fantastic on the runway, there are less expensive alternatives to looking fabulous. Knowing how to shop on a budget is a vital skill for every college woman. She has recently completed a life-changing study abroad experience in London and a visual merchandising internship at White House Black Market in Dallas. Becca wants to show the fashion world that you can look beautiful without breaking the bank.